OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
I'm screaming to the heavens and stressing like never before. When people ask me what I want to study I tell them "Umm...something in the medical field." Do you know how many professions are in the medical field...a lot.
Some majors that catch my attention are psychology, biology, and ...I know this may seem as a major way off topic but my mother always told me music heals wounds...Voice and Opera
Ever since I started taking AP Psychology i have been fascinated by the way our genes and environment affect the way we grow mentally. I love the fact that some behaviors I would observe in others had names, theories and causes. Their are many careers that one can pursuit with psychology such as a clinical psychologist, experimental psychologist, and so on.
Since I was small, I would always wonder how it was that doctors knew what was wrong with someone with only signs and symptoms to guide them and treat their patients. I'm a big fan of hectic life (i have one). It might sound like I don't because I complain a lot but after I get through the day I feel stronger than the day before. The life of an ER Doctor seems like the job I would love. Not only is it good pay ($162000...nice huh?) but I would be a licenced miracle worker. I know sometimes it might be a very sad job because obviously I won't be able to save every one's life (ya win some ya loose some right?) but at least I'll win some. (Death is inevitable)
Now, music has been part of my life since elementary 3rd grade when the choir teacher was about to loose her job because not many children were joining the choir. It was during PE while I was playing handball with my friends. She decided to go around our free time to recruit kids for her class. She came up to me and asked if I liked singing (at that time I only sang in the shower) and I said "Yeah...I guess." She told me to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and because I wanted to impress my friends I tried my hardest. She said, "You have a beautiful voice." Now...I don't know if she was just BS-ing me but I bought it. I was in choir throughout elementary, learned to play the trumpet during middle school and choir again in high school. I love it.
The question that proceeds "What do you want to study?" is "Where?" I have a few places in mind.
UC BERKELEY!!!!!
Ok...what do I know about Berkeley is that HAMILTON GOES THERE!!!!(This fact is only directed to those who know this Genius.)
It has about 35,409 students as of Fall 2008 including 25,151 undergraduates.
It seems to have more girls than dudes (53% female and 47% male (Fall 2008).)
It has 130 academic departments and is a great choice of school if planning to study medicine.
The GPA requirement is average 4.0-4.2 (I'm not there yet)
UCLA!!!!!!
Before I found out about Berkeley, UCLA was the first one on my list. What I found out about UCLA is that it is a great school for people who are interested in the medical field.UCLA enrollment was about 26,000 for undergraduate students, and 12,000 for graduate students in Fall 2008. To pay for their tuition they offer loans, grants, scholarships and work study. And if you are in state living on campus fees and living expenses are around $19,824 annually.
UC Riverside!!!!
Although this university isn't as well known as the other UC's it still considered a great school medical school. Most of its focus is about medicine.UCR is widely recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the nation, UCR's current enrollment is 17,187 students, with a goal of 21,000 students by 2010. Most of their population is Asian followed by Hispanic and then Caucasian. They have 80 Bachelor degree programs and 38 Ph.D degree programs. Sounds good to me.
The GPA requirement is average 4.0-4.2 (I'm not there yet)
UCLA!!!!!!
Before I found out about Berkeley, UCLA was the first one on my list. What I found out about UCLA is that it is a great school for people who are interested in the medical field.UCLA enrollment was about 26,000 for undergraduate students, and 12,000 for graduate students in Fall 2008. To pay for their tuition they offer loans, grants, scholarships and work study. And if you are in state living on campus fees and living expenses are around $19,824 annually.
UC Riverside!!!!
Although this university isn't as well known as the other UC's it still considered a great school medical school. Most of its focus is about medicine.UCR is widely recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the nation, UCR's current enrollment is 17,187 students, with a goal of 21,000 students by 2010. Most of their population is Asian followed by Hispanic and then Caucasian. They have 80 Bachelor degree programs and 38 Ph.D degree programs. Sounds good to me.
Riverside has a 3 year pre-med program too. It's intense, but you shave off a year in your 10 yr medical doctorate plan.
ReplyDeleteYou'll find the perfect job. Did you know there's music therapy too?