1)When it comes to the inverses of functions it is quite clear to me that the inverse is when you switch the input and the output. I'm not sure I'm explaining it well so I'll use an example.
X____Y
-1 | 3
0| 0
1 | 3
So then instead of -1, 0 and 1 being your x's they will become your outputs...your y's and the same with the y's, they will become your x's. By plotting the points this way you will graph the inverse. This applys to equations as well such as
So then instead of -1, 0 and 1 being your x's they will become your outputs...your y's and the same with the y's, they will become your x's. By plotting the points this way you will graph the inverse. This applys to equations as well such as
y= 2x+7 --------->x=2y+7
2) I learned that the inverse of a fuction will reflect about the y=x line
3) I learned that if you do the horizontal test on a function you are able to determine whether it inverse is a function or not. (This is known as one-to-one)
4) I learned that logs are the inverse of exponents and that they can help you figure out what the exponent of a number is.
Ok, i kind of already knew i wasn't going to get this 100% because it's math and well ....it's me and math.
I didn't really understand when it was nessesary to plug in the natural log of something and when i was suppose to use the e.
3) I learned that if you do the horizontal test on a function you are able to determine whether it inverse is a function or not. (This is known as one-to-one)
4) I learned that logs are the inverse of exponents and that they can help you figure out what the exponent of a number is.
Ok, i kind of already knew i wasn't going to get this 100% because it's math and well ....it's me and math.
I didn't really understand when it was nessesary to plug in the natural log of something and when i was suppose to use the e.
I think that i was confused about the Natural log as well but what i found out was that LN is the INVERSE OF e.
ReplyDelete